Sunday, September 10, 2006

Oden about blogging


Why am I blogging under a pseudonym? I read this in Havamal and think it was quite appropriate for blogging in general.

1. Gáttir allar
áðr gangi fram
um skoðask skyli,
um skyggnast skyli,
því at óvíst er at vita
hvar óvinir
sitja á fleti fyrir.

1.At every door-way,
ere one enters,
one should spy round,
one should pry round
for uncertain is the witting
that there be no foeman sitting,
within, before one on the floor


And then, why am I blogging at all? And see Havamal has something good to say about that also.

47. Ungr var ek forðum,
fór ek einn saman:
þá varð ek villr vega;
auðigr þóttumk,
er ek annan fann;
Maðr er manns gaman.

47 Young was I once, I walked alone,
and bewildered seemed in the way;
then I found me another and rich I thought me,
for man is the joy of man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My favourite was always (here translated to Norwegian): "Betre bør du berkje i bakken enn mannevit mykje", which roughly translates into: No better burden to carry than knowledge.

I wish I could say that this is why I *read* blogs, but alas... :)